Since any vehicle is basically a machine, it is subject to various problems as well as damages with time. Out of various common problems faced by vehicle, the transmission related problems are really headache for the owners since they paralyze the vehicle unless repaired. Hence such transmissions problem must be addressed by expert mechanics since only they can understand the complex working of transmissions. However having a little knowledge about transmissions gained through the Allison transmissions manual would be helpful for anyone in order to do the preliminary investigation or troubleshooting.
To help one in making the right Allison transmissions troubleshooting it would be better if they know or can identify the various signs about the transmissions problem. Some of these indications include the following such as:
- Transmissions slip – Generally the transmissions are designed to ensure the swift, smooth, or gradual acceleration of the vehicle with appropriate gear changing functions. Due to the faulty transmission slip problem, this smooth acceleration does not occur, also engine’s rpm increases rapidly.
- Transmissions leakage – Due to the gaskets or sealants damage, the transmission fluid starts to leak, irrespective of the vehicle is in standstill or operating conditions. It results in the failure of the transmissions.
- Transmissions surge – It occurs when the vehicle are in running condition. Such surging transmissions may lead to the jerky movements of the vehicle since the transmissions engage and disengage with engines drive train. Further it causes an obstruction in the acceleration of vehicle.
- Transmissions fluid damage – Since the transmissions fluid is used for lubricating almost all internal parts of the transmissions parts in order smooth operation of it, it is necessary to ensure about its quality or purity. Often the fluid gets brunt or contaminated because of the metallic particles thereby not effectively lubricating various parts. Later most of transmissions parts stop proper working and finally it results in the failure of the transmissions.
- Problems related with gearshift – While driving the vehicle, one faces the acceleration related problems if their vehicles gear does not shift properly. It results because of the problems like the linkage damages, damages of the vacuum control, fluid level decrease, etc.
- Overheating of the transmissions – It occurs because of the problems in the fluids cooler line or oil pump damage or reduction in level of fluid, etc. With this knowledge, one can solve this problem by refilling enough fluid or by replacement of the cooler line on themselves rather than approaching any mechanic.